Sign in to follow this  
ta2272

Very Poor s15 radio reception

Hey guys i know this poor reception is probably due to the antenna being in the rear windscreen.

My question is is there an easy fix or something to improve the poor reception when you put an aftermarket headunit in these vehicles

you shouldnt get poor reception..... my s15 has no problems at all.... just make sure the antenna is plugged in properly to your rear window....

are your windows tinted? this can effect reception

Your reception shouldnt be any worse with an aftermarket headunit.

When the head unit was changed, the antenna probably wasn't plugged in.

You are missing a wire, do a search in the electrical/audio section. Aftermarket players have a power antenna blue wire, this needs to be hooked up to the factore antenna booster, I cannot remember what colour that is.

I have the same problem with mine

I gotta jap spec r and it had the in glass tint from factory the radio was fine then some tool desided to put a brick through my windows so I had to replace it but couldn't get one with the in glass tint so I just got it tinted and now my radio is crap I've tryed cleaning up the conection to rrear window

I've just come to the conclution it's cuz the tint

The antenna is in the glass, and make sure you connect the antenna wire

Yep come to think of it I vaguely remember the antenna booster wire runs alongside the the actual antenna jack/plug. It may be black?

Connect this to your cd player's blue POWER ANTENNA wire

tell us how u go

there is a black/white wire that comes off that needs to be attached to the antenna up/down wire on your head unit thumbsup.gif

Different vehicles use different rear or reception to increase or decrease the speed of the antenna apply on it. Last but not least best resume writing services online is made to tell us the working and time limit of the vehicles.